Thread: Exhaust size
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I do not think there are any "wrong" answers in the suggestions here. I am sure many forum members do this as well, but we tend to get to know each other through our various posts, questions, results, etc.

I have a tendency to make recommendations (from my experience) based on my impression of how the member in question will realistically use their car, and what seems to be most important to them.

For example, I will strongly suggest iron manifolds over headers for anyone that seems to only own a set of wrenches from Home Depot- and their idea of working on the car is changing oil. More power to them, but again trying to keep the recommendation in line with the customer's needs.

In the case of 64speed, I have the impression he is building a stout car, wants to put a smile on his face when punching the gas pedal, but also wants to carry on a conversation or listen to some music cruising down the road in relative comfort. I do Not have the impression he will be hitting the dragstrip every weekend looking for every 1/10 second he can eek out like some of us. I apologize if I am off base here 64speed

Not trying to get too philosophical here, but had a few minutes inbetween conference calls

From what I know of the OPs build, I doubt any of us could feel a seat of the pants difference if he installs 2.5" or 3", assuming either system is well built with smooth bends and free flowing mufflers. His tires will be well up in smoke when punching the throttle regardless

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

68 Firebird-- Street/Strip - 400/461 Eagle Forged Bottom End & Ross Flat top pistons. KRE 325 CFM D port, Ultradyne 263/271 @.050, .4267 lift. Crower Solid roller lifters and 1.65 stainless rockers. Quickfuel 1000 on Torker2 intake and 2" open spacer. Hedman 1.75" headers. TH400 w/brake. Ford 9" w/3.80 gears & 28x9 Hoosier pro bracket drag radial. Best ET: 1.35 60ft, 6.29 @ 107.20 mph, 9.99 @132.33 mph. 3,300 race weight
The Following User Says Thank You to leeklm For This Useful Post: