View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Senior Chief

The engine is a Potter Cadillac Crate Motor, Cadillac heads are CNC ported, the CAM is a custom Comp Cams with 233I-236E duration at 0.050, the intake is an Edelbrock manifold that had the Edelbrock logo removed and then painted GM corporate Blue to make it look like a stock intake. The Edelbrock intake doesn't flow enough and the power peaks at 4800 RPM. There are currently no other street intakes that flow enough. There are a couple of hard core racing intakes that will flow enough, but they are not really for street use. BTW the engine produces over 400 ft-lb of torque just off of idle.

The AC compressor is a Sanden 508, I modified the stock AC bracket to mount the compressor. I used a stock AC bracket by welding up the existing compressor mounting holes and re-drilling. The holes had to be welded because the new holes partially overlap the existing holes. I don't have the AC working, I just mounted a new compressor in order to be ready to complete the AC and it’s also necessary for the belt to fit. The belt doesn't fit without the compressor being there. The accessory brackets are from the original 425 engine.

The nice thing about this car is the large availability of parts. Any suspension, brake or rear-end parts from the 94-96 Impala SS bolts on. I have just installed SpeedTech tubular A-Arms and coil springs from an Impala. If you noticed the wheels are from a 94-96 Impala. They are a direct fit with no modification necessary.

There is still many things to due, some of the major items: Replace 32 year old rear-end with one from an Impala, install dual exhaust, make headers, convert to EFI, redo interior. However the Leman's will get most of my available time for the next several months. I just wanted to get the Deville to the point of being drivable.

2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid
Marietta GA