THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old Today, 10:38 AM

Spent the better part of the morning trying to align my hood. Discovered my hinges are long in the tooth, especially the passenger side - one of the rivets almost looks like it's about to fall out and so that specific arm of the hinge causes the hood to bias toward the driver side with a smaller gap between the hood and fender when closed, while being far too high up toward the back on the passenger side with the hood sticking up toward the cowl. I couldn't adjust it so that I could eliminate both issues. If I adjusted out one of those flaws, I had to deal with the other being worse. When it's closed, I'm able to push the down the hood toward the back and it lowers it just a bit, which is another sign the hinges are worn.

After much research, I've decided to have my factory hinges rebuilt than roll the dice on repro hinges. I'm debating between Willie at HoodHingeRepair and Rowland Hall out in California. Rowland Hall appears to be more expensive since his process is more refined, but I haven't gotten a quote from him. I've heard nothing but good things from both vendors, so it's mostly going to come down to price. Rowland Hall seems to be more geared toward concourse resto and I'm fully expecting his price to be higher, but I'm sure my hinges would come back as though I just took them from the parts counter in 1979. Meanwhile, Willie has his prices pretty well publicized.