Old 04-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Clutch pedal issue

Clutch pedal feels real notch when car gets hot, but when cold things seem to be much better, This is an McCleod dual disc set up installed a few years ago and have been fighting this issue since install. Anybody had issues like this before? When car shut off and pushing pedal slowly you can actually hear bad noise. Tried to lube all pivot points no diff. Has new cross shaft bushings and balls. Next step is to try hiem joints on all pivots. Any suggestions??
Driving me to drink, LOL.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bush all linkage with oilite bushings .

Old 04-25-2015, 09:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What tranny? I have a tko in mine had the same problem, it wound up being a cracked front bearing retainer. The throw out bearing rides on it, felt okay with the car not running when you enguage the clutch, when it was running the nose spun and would rock the throw out bearing. If you have a scatter shield try to look in where the clutch fork goes. Use a mirror and light, look towards the end that bolts to the tranny.

Old 04-25-2015, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is it one of those clutches with the loose weights on the fingers? I had the issue with the pedal getting harder and harder to push as the day went on, then the next morning it would be fine until I got more miles on it. Then after ~800 miles of driving in one day it got so stiff it bent the lower linkage rod out of it.

I didn't find any definitive culprit (which is maddening) but switched it out to a different clutch set and haven't had the problem since, including a few ~500+ mile drives in a single day.

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)
Old 04-27-2015, 02:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry for delayed reply, somehow I could not get on this site. Tried new bearing retainer last time I had the trans out, same issue. No weight on the pressure plate. have to get it on the hoist at work and play with it, try and spray something in scatter shield while someone is stepping on pedal.

Thanks for reply's.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh ya has a muncie.