Old 03-28-2022, 05:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 68 A body Steering wheel center cap

You know that cool 3D looking aqua colored steering center cap used on the Lemans/GTO steering wheels?

I've got one with a good outer metal casing, and a not so good plastic center ... and another one that is the reverse.

I see the assembly is held in with little swaged posts. Anyone ever disassembled one of these and found a successful way to re-attach the spring plate that holds it all together back to those little posts?

Has to be attached pretty good or when you go to pop off the center cap it would just tear the silver exposed part away from the clip plate that holds it into the steering wheel.

I "think" I could drill those posts out and tap for a 3mm or smaller screw ... but it would be dicey. Don't think JB weld would be a solution for this project.