Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 10-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1967 Camaro RS SS convertible 396 big block valaue?

Have a chance to buy a nice '67 Camaro rag top and was wondering what is a fair price.

Royal Plum in color with white nose stripe. RS SS with hidden headlights. TH400 3.07 12 bolt posi. 325HP 396 engine.

Completely restored back in the 80's and done right...some NOS panels used. Running driving car with no major issues. Paint is 34 years old lacquer and is showing its age with bad spots but still presentable. I'd say paint is fair. Tires are old but ok for local use.

2 owner car with 95K miles. Guy offering it bought it from original owner in 1981. Lots of paperwork from restoration.

Nice interior and top...all stock and original except engine.

No idea as to value on the first gen Camaros....vales are all over the board on ebay and other online sources.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's a tough one,values are all over the place on them then add it's a convert? I would tell the owner just that and see what he is thinking.

TOM
Old 10-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Might try the yenko super car site.Tom

Old 10-10-2017, 01:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Without knowing a whole lot about '67 Camaros, I'd go out on a limb and guess probably less than 200 Royal Plum verts produced overall.
Now add it's a RS/SS with 396 and it should easily be less than 50 with that color.
Did you check the trim tag to verify it's paint code M?
You said the engine was not original but does that mean it may have started out as a small block car?

I'm not a convertible person or a big fan of the first gen Camaros but seeing an original Royal Plum car gives me a woody.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
Without knowing a whole lot about '67 Camaros, I'd go out on a limb and guess probably less than 200 Royal Plum verts produced overall.
Now add it's a RS/SS with 396 and it should easily be less than 50 with that color.
Did you check the trim tag to verify it's paint code M?
You said the engine was not original but does that mean it may have started out as a small block car?

I'm not a convertible person or a big fan of the first gen Camaros but seeing an original Royal Plum car gives me a woody.
Yes M is on the trim tag.

It's an original big block SS car...has 4N on the trim tag.

It's the real deal.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:07 PM

I agree that prices are all over the place on first gen Camaros. I watched a 69 Pace Car 396/375 4 speed bring $67,000 and no sale at the Cruisin the Coast auction last weekend. I will weigh in that a 67 low horsepower 396 with automatic in a rare color should bring $50,000 if it doesn't need anything. How much to strip and paint the lacquer and do a nice paint job?10-15K? Factor in other incidentals such as weatherstripping that will need replaced when painting, emblems that might need replaced, final detailing, etc, and I would want want to buy the car for 25-30K., JMHO. This is coming from a guy probably upside down in a 69 RS/SS convertible ,Rally Green with Deluxe interior, 350,automatic with air, and power windows.