Old 01-28-2022, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Mirror Gaskets for a 70

The reproduction mirror gaskets I bought for my 70 Formula don't seem to fit well at all. I started looking for some GM originals, and I thought that I needed 9832126 & 9832127. But after looking at the originals, I'm not sure. One has no lip on the bottom side and is a 9814571, and I can't find any reference to that number. There is no number on the other original, and it has a very small lip. Anyways, wondering what I should be looking for?

Old 01-28-2022, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

do you mean the plastic pads that mount under the door mirrors? if so, i have a bunch of used originals that will clean up nice & fit like original if you want them.

Old 01-28-2022, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
do you mean the plastic pads that mount under the door mirrors? if so, i have a bunch of used originals that will clean up nice & fit like original if you want them.
Yep, I was referring to those black pads. Thanks so much for the offer, I’ll pm you later today!

Old 01-28-2022, 09:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Fat Lip goes toward the Bottom on both sides.
Highly recomend you make a plate like the DS has with nuts welded to it and slip in in the area on the pass side so you can use a machine screw to
hold the metal mount plate to the door. The original sheetmetal screws are kinda barbaric .