LS Talk All things based on the GM LS platform engine

Old 07-09-2024, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Bought Donor Car

I've been looking for a long time. Finally bought a donor car for my '64 GTO and whatever else. lol! It's a '13 Camaro RS/SS manual with 41k miles. It's a wreck from Copart. I just about have it repaired for test driving. Got it fixed enough to pull off of my trailer the other day. Finishing the other repairs for full test driving. I have a 2001 5.3 in the GTO now. So, this will be a major engine upgrade. Will start by pairing the 6.2 to the 400 turbo. Later will return to glorious manual transmission service. Doubt I will try to put the TR-6060 in. I really want to reinstall the factory console. Trying to decide on PCM and harness. I modded the factory harness for the 5.3. Leaning towards Holley Terminator X for this. I'm just not going to get to full late model tuning proficiency status. Also trying to decide on throttle body control. Currently have DBC. Read that manual trans can be hard to tune with DBC. So, should I convert to DBW? Head spinning...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Camaro 1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	636529   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Camaro 3.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	636531   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Camaro 4.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	636532  

Old 07-09-2024, 06:13 PM

Looks like that one kissed the K-rail on the interstate.

Shame it looks like a nice car otherwise.

All for a worthy cause in the end.

https://www.speartech.com/

Got my LS3 to 4L70E harness from Speartech, tell them what you’re trying to do and they might help steer you in the right direction. I left my LS3 crate engine stock so as not to have to fiddle around with tuning, 430 horsepower should be plenty fun.

Now if I can just get the car finished…..

Old 07-09-2024, 06:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
Looks like that one kissed the K-rail on the interstate.

Shame it looks like a nice car otherwise.

All for a worthy cause in the end.

https://www.speartech.com/

Got my LS3 to 4L70E harness from Speartech, tell them what you’re trying to do and they might help steer you in the right direction. I left my LS3 crate engine stock so as not to have to fiddle around with tuning, 430 horsepower should be plenty fun.

Now if I can just get the car finished…..
It did hit hard! I was surprised how much got bent. Just control arms mainly. Busted the tie rod end out of the knuckle. Yikes!

It's almost too nice to part out. But GTO is more important. Might see if I can keep it for a future project. Wife is not liking that discussion! LOL!

I'll look into Speartech. I'm just gonna leave it stock long block with headers at first. I held out for an LS3 vs. L99. Better suited for cam upgrade and reliability.

Good luck with all of your projects! I have too many also. In the middle of building a cabin too!

Last edited by JSchmitz; 07-09-2024 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2024, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This LS3 will go into my GTO with the 400 turbo first. Then it will get a TKX. Possibly get Muncie wide ratio setting on the shelf. Does anyone know if the stock LS3 flywheel and clutch could be coupled to the these transmission with a bellhousing and hydraulic throw-out bearing? Would be nice to use the, nearly new, factory parts that I already have.

I test drove the car last week. WOW! Holeshot and spinning through first gear. Spun the tires a long way in second. Can't wait to get this in my car! Had to go back and look at the street tattoos in the GTO. lol