THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-14-2024, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default First Time Selling on Bring a Trailer - Any Tips?

I'm selling a 1972 Alfa Romeo GTV that's had a rotisserie restoration. I bought it as a running and driving project when I was stationed in Italy in 2015 and the restoration is finally done.

I did a lot of the work myself, but I have waaayyyy too much invested, so I'd like to cut my losses as much as possible. From what I can tell, BAT is my best bet, but I've always sold my cars on eBay, so I'd appreciate any tips that anyone can provide on selling on BAT.

I have signed up with BAT already; photos scheduled for tomorrow evening.

Thanks,

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2087.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	639921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2085.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	639922   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2083.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	639923   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2079.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	639924   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2090.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	639925  

Old 09-14-2024, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott, see if this thread helps...
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=874024

Old 09-14-2024, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
Yes it does!

Thanks

Scott

Old 09-14-2024, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My only suggestion is to be an active seller, answer any question to the best of your ability. I understand that they usually give the sellers a very short notice when their auctions go live, I hope the timing works out for you. A friend had his car accepted then heard nothing for 8-10 weeks, he then left on a scheduled vacation and his car went live as he boarded the plane. and he was not able to provide requested pictures or documents during the time the auction was live, It did not meet his reserve. But the high bidder ended up buying it for a few hundred dollers over his reserve price so it did work out.
I know that stock Alfa's normally do well on BAT. I don't know how modified examples do. I think your car is stunning. I hope it exceeds your expectations!

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)
The Following User Says Thank You to camerjeff For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2024, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerjeff View Post
My only suggestion is to be an active seller, answer any question to the best of your ability. I understand that they usually give the sellers a very short notice when their auctions go live, I hope the timing works out for you. A friend had his car accepted then heard nothing for 8-10 weeks, he then left on a scheduled vacation and his car went live as he boarded the plane. and he was not able to provide requested pictures or documents during the time the auction was live, It did not meet his reserve. But the high bidder ended up buying it for a few hundred dollers over his reserve price so it did work out.
I know that stock Alfa's normally do well on BAT. I don't know how modified examples do. I think your car is stunning. I hope it exceeds your expectations!
Thanks for the input.

Scott