Old 12-15-2007, 11:36 AM

Default 55 Dual Master Cylinder swap

Anyone ever do a m.cyl swap?

I would like to update my 55s brake system, since I have to replace the wheel cylinders anyways....I think the m.cyl, is under the floor 'cause I dont see it on the firewall.....is there a GM, or other make equivalent, or should I just contact a street rod company for one of there kits????

Old 12-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If power brakes it's under the dash, manual , on the frame. I removed the defrost unit on the firewall and installed a hanging brake pedal assembly from a 55 Chevy than an aluminum mc from a mid 80's dodge similar to the Wilwood mc. I'm setting it up for manual brakes. I've seen other mount a booster/mc on the firewall as well.
No one is going to make a kit to fit a tri-5 Pontiac. Scarebird at one time was interested in doing one , but I havn't heard anything yet. A bracket would have to be made to bolt to the original frame holes to support your master cylinder. It would be a tight fit to put a small booster in that area.

I took this pic of ebay:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55pmc.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	114586  

6.27@107
9.97@131