Old 12-23-2017, 10:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Driver's Side Vent Line Routing?

Hello all, I have a 77-81 question for you.

I have a '70 Firebird that I will be installing EFI onto this spring. One requirement for this is to have a fuel return line, and ideally it should be the same size as the feed (currently 3/8"). My current return line is 5/16" ( stock size). As you know, the fuel lines on the 2nd gens run between the subframe and the body, making installation of a prebent line difficult on an assembled car.

This has me looking at other return line routing options. One option I think may work, is I see that the 77-78 cars have a (vent/evap?) line running down the drivers side of the car. My idea is to get this line made in prebent, 3/8" stainless from Inline Tube or some other vendor. From what I can see, it does not run between the body and frame, but appears to go under the car, and up the firewall., which would be perfect for what I'm planning.

Does anybody have any knowledge of the routing of this line? Pictures, if possible would be a huge help. I have found a diagram of the routing on google, but I cannot find any pictures of how it looks when installed.

Or is there a solution for this issue that I am overlooking? Thank you so much for reading, and I appreciate any help you can provide!