Old 04-14-2004, 05:00 PM

Hi just purchased a 74 firebird formula 400

400 ci 6.6 l is the engine size i have a few probs with it right off the start imma need a bit of help with ...

1st question i changed my oil used 10-30 high milage plus and additive plus changed the oil filter now my oil pressure when i drive is over 90 and when i rev etc it shots out of the dipstick all over the heads etc wonder what i should do to solve or try to solve this prob
i believe my pressure is too high but my oil level is below the full line ...So im not sure whats wrong ?

2nd i just put a new fan belt on and it only sqeaks around 4 grand on the tach i was wonder what i could do to solve this prob also i have tightenend as much as i possiably could so ... but it still sqeaks..

3rd i have an edkebrok performer carb on my engine and it sits to high for an air filter was wondering if any one has had this prob and know how to solve it ... tried diff air filters from edlebrok to k an n and non seem to work i have the ram air hood and it sits low so ...

thats pretty much it other then i do have a few questions on wireing because i have no lights on my guages all the fuses are good checked em i just need to wire them i need to fix my fuel gauge and tach...

thx for your help

Old 04-14-2004, 05:00 PM

Hi just purchased a 74 firebird formula 400

400 ci 6.6 l is the engine size i have a few probs with it right off the start imma need a bit of help with ...

1st question i changed my oil used 10-30 high milage plus and additive plus changed the oil filter now my oil pressure when i drive is over 90 and when i rev etc it shots out of the dipstick all over the heads etc wonder what i should do to solve or try to solve this prob
i believe my pressure is too high but my oil level is below the full line ...So im not sure whats wrong ?

2nd i just put a new fan belt on and it only sqeaks around 4 grand on the tach i was wonder what i could do to solve this prob also i have tightenend as much as i possiably could so ... but it still sqeaks..

3rd i have an edkebrok performer carb on my engine and it sits to high for an air filter was wondering if any one has had this prob and know how to solve it ... tried diff air filters from edlebrok to k an n and non seem to work i have the ram air hood and it sits low so ...

thats pretty much it other then i do have a few questions on wireing because i have no lights on my guages all the fuses are good checked em i just need to wire them i need to fix my fuel gauge and tach...

thx for your help