Old 08-03-2004, 10:35 PM

I have a 1964 GTO that I'm nearly finished restoring. I bought the car in December off a guy who had it on a farm for years and before that had been not regestered. I bought it with a bill of sale and ran the old pink slip through California DMV, nothing located, ran the plate, nothing there either. Some were the vin had been changed by CA DMV to a control number and that number does not come up on there system either. I'm in Nebraska and the best I can get would be a bond title for the car. My question is, should I go ahead and get the bond title, or just sell the car with a bill of sale and all the original paperwork that has been passed to me from the three previous owners? Documents run through PHS come back legit GTO with all the options the car has, down to the original paint. This car has been passed around and sold as a parts car, so in order for me to get the CA title, I would have to bring it back to CA...don't want to do that. Now the vin nightmare is another thing, don't know why it was changed by DMV, but the hidden vins and original pink slip with the plates that are on the car match the hidden vins. unless someone has to have that, I wouldn't think it would hinder someone buying it and I believe someone could do some paperwork to get the original vin number plate restored by DMV. Any and all help would be appreciated. Car is about three weeks away from being completed.

Old 08-03-2004, 10:35 PM

I have a 1964 GTO that I'm nearly finished restoring. I bought the car in December off a guy who had it on a farm for years and before that had been not regestered. I bought it with a bill of sale and ran the old pink slip through California DMV, nothing located, ran the plate, nothing there either. Some were the vin had been changed by CA DMV to a control number and that number does not come up on there system either. I'm in Nebraska and the best I can get would be a bond title for the car. My question is, should I go ahead and get the bond title, or just sell the car with a bill of sale and all the original paperwork that has been passed to me from the three previous owners? Documents run through PHS come back legit GTO with all the options the car has, down to the original paint. This car has been passed around and sold as a parts car, so in order for me to get the CA title, I would have to bring it back to CA...don't want to do that. Now the vin nightmare is another thing, don't know why it was changed by DMV, but the hidden vins and original pink slip with the plates that are on the car match the hidden vins. unless someone has to have that, I wouldn't think it would hinder someone buying it and I believe someone could do some paperwork to get the original vin number plate restored by DMV. Any and all help would be appreciated. Car is about three weeks away from being completed.