Old 08-30-2009, 11:01 PM

Default FYI - TA Nats 2009 photos

I posted this in the Events/Shows/etc forum, but if you don't read there.

I took a bunch (>400) of pictures today (until the battery died!)

Too many to post, so here's the photobucket link (though I'm still uploading).

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k7...y/TA Nats 2009

I must warn you, my tastes are early 2nd gen and 4th gen, and there were a few items (spoiler, brake booster, air box etc) that I was "surveying". Also, as I walked around and around and around again, you might see the same car two or three times. It was interesting for me to finally understand the difference between the early style (short) spoiler and the later style, as well as the >79 and up.
The other "oddity" is variations in how the shoulder belt should be supported (for a '71/72). The plastic clip is repoped, but the metal loops seems almost as easy.

At photobucket are my albums from TA Nats 2008 and 2006, and some other car stuff in LA from 2006.
As well as a curbside Green & Green tour of Pasedena.

Great show, I have no complaints about the local, as I drive up from Cincinnati for just a day each time in my appliance car (i.e. the one that runs everyday and basically only needs gas and oil). Maybe in a decade one of my cars will be ready.

My personal favorite- Owners were really nice, great car and the visual direction I hope to take my '71

Also I liked this

especially this for engine incentive

OBTW, Tazzz's wheels... jealousy.
Regards

Old 08-31-2009, 05:34 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks for posting the pics Ken. It's really appreciated by those of us unable to attend. The only show I was able to see was the painter in action on my car!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1443.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	179727  

Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks! I plan on looking at tonight when I have time to enjoy. Started to look just now, great shots so far.....

I am kind of taken aback by the white Formula pics...... I had planned to maybe paint my originally Springfield Green 72 to a Cameo White, but my reaction to those pics was a bit underwhelming..... white works on the TA better with blue counterpoint graphics. Looks kind of plain on a Formula............ hmm..... but the no spoiler look is great

Old 08-31-2009, 09:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

great stuff......thanks