Old 08-23-2020, 05:10 PM

Default 1968 GTO Floor Mats - Ivy Gold

Looking for a set of Ivy Gold Factory floor mats for a 1968 GTO - Do you have a set or know where I can locate? Thanks for your help

Old 08-24-2020, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I ended up having to use vinyl dye to color the ones for my 66. It worked well.

Old 08-24-2020, 10:00 AM

Thanks for the advice... I thought about doing that as well. There aren't any reproductions in that color... surprisingly because so many were made that way!

Old 08-25-2020, 08:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

As a follow up to this, my 66 has the gold interior. The dash pad is mocha brown, and researdh indicated the mats were that dark color, so we dyed the black mats that color. The dye held up perfectly under use. After about 10 years, I thought the gold mats would look better, so I used the gold from Parts place to change the color. It looked great, but my prep was not as good as the resto shop, so the color has scuffed off on the drivers mat from all the use. However the remaining mats look great.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:41 AM

I have the '68 gold factory mats in a full size I have so I should be able to match the color. The vinyl spray in ivy gold has some metallic in it so I would need to have them match the color of my mats... kind of a gold putty color. Thanks for the update