Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

i got a 86 chevy 1/2 ton with a 305. i think it ate a cam lobe or a lifter if not both. i would just do a cam swap but i live in an apartment so i dont think theyd like seeing me throwing parts all over to swap a cam. i have this truck sitting at a shop for a while and i need to get somethign done. id like to find a 350 for it. im not sure what tranny came in the truck but its a automatic. 700r4? or was that later? id look at the numbers but like i said its in the shop. what would i have to do to swap a pontiac into it? and woudl it bolt on to that tranny? if i have to do a tranny swap as well ill just get a 350. does anyone have any suggestions for me or any complete motor laying around that theyd be willing to sell/ship to me ?