Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2008, 11:18 PM

Default Dragging front Brakes after 15 mins- Please help!

Ok, here's the situation. 1970 GTO, Power brakes, front discs, rear drums, distribution block (no prop valve), and front metering valve (all stock brake components). I just bought this car and when I firts drove it, I noticed that the front brakes felt like they were dragging. I noticed the smell of hot brakes then jacked up the front end and both tires where very very hard to turn. Started with replaceing the front hoses. Same problem. Then replaced front calipers, same problem. While the brakes were hot and locked, I jacked the car and started cracking lines to release the pressure. Nothing released the brakes. I took the front caliper bleeders out, nothing. Then I disconnected the front hoses, nothing. I had to manually colapse the the calipers to get them to release. So I replaced the calipers again. Better this time, but still when hot they start dragging. I then adjusted the rod under the dash that goes throught the fire wall in hopes that maybe the pedal is keeping some pressure on the master and it helped, but now after driving for 15-20 mins they are dragging again. I'll add that I have bleed the entire system, have new brak fluid in it, and I have disconnected the lines at the distribution block, master cycl, and front metering valve to be sure that none of those are the problem. I'm not sure where to go next. Another set of calipers? Keeping agjusting the rod under the dash?? Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!!!!!