Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Suspended

It was a combination of factors. A friend buys a 100,000 mile + 72 Grand Prix. Its fast and reliable and he drives it for years. Another friend buys a 68 GTO ,lets me drive it one night and I cant believe how fast and torqey this car is. A girl I used to go out with has a Pontiac 6000, Ill let you guess what was so memorable about that car. I own a 83 Pontiac Parisienne that I pay $300 for and drive for 3 years in all weather , never get stuck , always starts. It sells for more than I paid for it and the people who own it drive it for 4 more years even though they are known as notorius car killers.

But I guess what got me in the GrandVille was of all things a Dodge 600. It was my first convertible and Ive been in love with them ever since. I tried a 69 Dodge Polara 500 convertible....... bad frame. Then I tried a 68 Buick Wildcat convertible...... also had a bad frame. Then a buddy of mine who is a Mopar guy tries to acquire a Chrysler 300 convertible off of a Pontiac guy. So he buys my GrandVille at an auction and tries to trade it off for the 300. A deal cant be reached . So he tells me he will sell me the Pontiac for whatever I can sell the Buick for. I sold the Buick he sold me the GrandVille and the rest as they say is history.

Dan