Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2010, 02:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My wagon was a one owner up until a buddy of mine bought it from the original owner's estate and flipped it to me. It came with a huge stack of paperwork with it. I have the first registration slip from when he first bought it living in San Francisco. Apparently he moved close to the border of Nevada, and there's tons of reciepts for service at the Reno Pontiac dealer, as well as a local garage. The engine has been completely rebuilt twice, heads redone at one point in between overhauls, trans overhauled, front end rebuilt, radiator redone about a dozen times, etc. It was his daily driver until he died.

My '37 coupe belonged to a friend of mine, the late Rudy Diephuis who raced Pontiacs in pro stock back in the day with RAV power.

My '67 Firebird was at one time a local street racer's car powered by a small block chevy and ran 12s. I ended up with it years later after it changed hands several times, and put a 400 Pontiac in it. It was originally a Sprint 6 car, and I remember the street racer guy telling me about throwing the 4 barrel stuff in the garbage when he put the chevy in...

My '64 LeMans Conv. at one time was donated to Sierra Vista children's foundation or something like that according to the lein sale papers I got with it. Still had it's dealer frames from a Berkeley Pontiac dealership.

My '65 LeMans came from a kid I met at Rudy Diepuis's shop. He had it stored in a yard in Hayward, and was paying a lot of money every month to store it along with having several storage units he was paying on to store parts, and was trying to get his storage bills down (Everyone in the bay area has to pay for storage since nobody has room at their house). He wasn't having any luck selling it fast enough, so I was able to trade him a '73 455 core engine, a set of #48 heads, a set of #62 heads, and a set of #12 heads for it.

Don't know much about the history of my '69 Bird

I've had my '67 Tempest Conv for 20 years. Don't know much of it before I owned it, but a month before I was to start commuting to the bay area to a trade school, I traded my dependable '72 LeMans driver and a project '68 Firebird for it with a shot transmission, a questionable condition '71 GTO YS 400 that had been plopped into it, a top that was shot, and an ignition that used a screwdriver to start it ...and no money to put into it. A convertible musclecar was my dream and I risked my education on the chance to get it. Luckily things worked out and after changing transmissions, and a few other details, it was my only transportation for 2 years and very dependable, although with a very shot frontend. My wife and I had our first ride together in it, and pretty much, I went through both the best and the worst times in my life with it. Needless to say it's my soul, and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Even though I've threatened to sell it several times during the bad times.