Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Your experience with your new dash pad.

I'm really at a crossroad right now. The last big ticket item I need to deal with on my 70 GTO retsoration is the dash pad.
Option 1: is to use the plastic cap I already have that came with the car, put it in to finish the car now within the next couple of months, then go back this winter and redo the pad. That just forces me to do disassemble and re-assemble the dash twice when I can do it once now and be done.
Option 2: find a good original pad and use that. (hint, Hint, you know who your are)
Option 3: Go with an Ultimate Rides dash pad.

I have been doing a lot of reading from some of the Mopar forums and listening to first hand accounts from people around me who actually have a couple of them at their shop but those have issues. I am also aware of all the customer service issues some have had with that company.
Who here on this board has used one the Ultimate Rides dashes with good results recently? Who here had issues and how were they resolved?
I do have another option, it looks like there is another vendor (middle man) selling pads on Ebay that is a few hours from me. I've contacted them thru ebay about picking the dash up in person because of some of the issues and horror stories I've read. Alot of those are dated 1-3 year ago so I 'm hoping thinks have improved. Any input would be greatly appreciated.