Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default the Prom night Curse

I purchased my 1970 GTO from a neighbor that allowed his son for the first time to drive his GTO to the prom. As the son returned home that night he ran off the road doing minor damage to the lower radiator support and right front fender. The Father was so upset he built a garage for the GTO and locked it up for over 20 years until I was able to buy it from him. Since then I completed a frame off restoration. One thing I notice when disassembling the car that the right lower radiator support bolt was missing.

Well today my son is taking to goat to his 11th grade prom. As I was cleaning the car I noticed the hood and fender was not lining up properly. At first i thought it had been bumped but I could see no damage to the paint so I start looking around. The reason the panels wasn't lining up was the right lower radiator support was missing. How weird is that. I got a new one in and tightened up and its good as new. I'm calling my Insurance company to make sure my policy is up to-date.