Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Now this is a cool car

I have a friend I now from the gym I go to. The guy is 77 years old and we started talking cars. I told him I enjoy Pontiac's. Two days later he drove his 1967 Le Mans to the gym. He bought the car new and is not really into these older cars. However, it has some neat options. It's a 326 car which I believe is a HO engine. It has a three speed manual transmission, with a center console and bucket seats. AM radio, tilt column safety track rear end with HD cooling. It also has the under hood and trunk light. But this is what I found really neat. It has the electric trunk release. My new friend said the car is pretty fast for an old car, so I asked him why he didn't just buy the GTO. His response was simple. His late wife didn't want him to buy a hot rod, and because of the cost of insurance. He told me that he had a difficult time just talking her into allowing him to buy a manual transmission car, and a two door. Since she had her own car to drive, she decided that he could order this car. I know, and I'm working on it. They never had any children, so he's alone now. He's a nice guy who seems to be very happy. He's also in better condition than many men half his age. Anyway I wanted to share this with you. Good day friends. Mike