Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default tri-power help-brass block-front carb

I've put a kit in the front carb of our '64 GTO. It became apparent that I did not have the fuel block screwed in quite far enough as there was a very slight seepage of fuel. I remember being worried about that last year, but a full turn was not possible without risking cracking the top plate of the pot metal carb. Therefore I used teflon tape to help prevent a leak. Evidently it was not enough.
Question being---do I use another wrap or two with the teflon tape or is there another alternative? I know it's a risk to use the tape because of a piece messing with the needle/ seat. What are you guys using for this issue?
Thanks for the help.

Cap

Cap & Robin Proffitt-GTOAA PR & Member Recruitment Team