Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 PM

Default WTF is up with my starter!?!?

I am changing my engine wire harness and needed to remove the starter wires. No problem, its 2 bolts and the starter drops, right?

Well, 4 hours later, after removing the rear starter mount (which was still in place), the front cover on the bell housing and braking off the starter rear mounting stud (anyone know where I can buy one?) this starter will not drop...no way, no how, will this starter come down.

I was able to remove the wires but really want the starter out of the way as I plan to install the Ram Air tube for the cables and wires...WTF...any one have a reasonable explanation as to why this starter will not clear the cross member/oil pan?

Should the starter come straight forward and the back (actually the front) drop out of the bell housing or nose dive the starter, front down at an angle, straight down and out? Neither way works, but I was wondering which way should work.

BTW, does a 400/350 YS motor has a 5 quart capacity with filter or is it 6 quarts?