OHC-6 TECH Over Head Cam projects, questions and advice.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2013, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It will be an E cam. I'm starting this engine with a used but good 1bbl cam, then I'll swap in a new E cam and followers. This engine is also bored .030 over. I know the previous measurement was gross, but

Working for me:
I have removed the water pump drag and will hopefully have better air fuel distribution with the EFI, tighter timing control, hopefully can give it good timing with the reverse flow cooling and I plan on putting some decent valve springs in it to "bump" the rpm limit up some.

Working against me:
What exhaust were you using? Headers? If so those would likely be more efficient than my setup. Also, this engine was thoroughly used and I simply pulled it apart, looked, and reassembled, so the valve seats and rings are plenty worn though I honed the cylinder walls and lapped the valves, there is no guarantee either will help or the rings will seat again.

I'm thinking I'll probably get the car chassis dyno'd in spring just to satisfy my curiosity. Might have EGT sensors on each port by then too to further attempt to dial in the fueling. Of course the wheel HP will be less than flywheel, but it should still be interesting. I can lock the converter for the dyno run too.

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)