Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 72-73 Throttle Cable Question

I'm looking to buy one of these for a 4bbl car. Can anyone that has one out take a few measurements? It would help me a heck of a lot trying to identify the correct one.

The main question is the total length of your cable end-to-end? I don't have that question in my pic.

Then attached in the pic are a few other questions I have. The length of the black tube I'm finding a little variance so I'd like to get a few more numbers. I'm thinking the factory had it at about 11.5 inch give or take 1/4 inch but more numbers would be helpful. My guess is with that tube variance they relied on the total fixed length of the cable.

Any help you guys have would be greatly appreciated even if you can't answer all the questions. One friend used a string to measure the black tube on the car for an accurate measurement.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Throttle cable.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	344810