Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2014, 01:12 PM

Default 1972 GP 4 speed changeover/ Flywheel questions

Ok I have accumulated everything to do the swap in my car with the exception of the frame bracket for the Z bar which I can fab in our shop no problem but I do have a question about dimensions. Like distance from frame edge to the 90 degree turn up the the Z bar attaches to and the height off the frame to the slot. I can position it correctly and tack it in place with everything in place and trans set. I also have another auto trans shifter plate i cut all the stuff off of and got a Early GTO shifter cup im gonna marry into it (Wish me luck). The last question I have is on the flywheel. The set up I bought which had everything from a 69 GTO, Bellhousing, M-21 muncie, Shifter, Z bar assembly with the GTO frame bracket, Pedals and floor board perch in perfect condition. He gave me two flywheels, both with the 2 3/4" center hole and I wondered how do you identify and date them? Do they all have the small offset in balance made into them? I know Pontiacs are internally balanced and 0 at the crank but they had to have my auto flywheel to balance it dead on as the rear counter is a little off and thats why the flywheels only go on one way. So do they all have the small counter balance drilled out of them? i noticed one flywheel has 3 or 4 drill marks where as the other only has 1 drill mark. Just wanna make sure i clean up and surface what will work for sure lol.