Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Senior Chief

Default ohio crank run out

My engine builder, Keith Swafford of Swafford Competition just called me and said that my brand new ohio non twist forged crank has 3 thousandth run out, as I said it is a brand new crank only thing that has been done was balanced and it was put in lathe to lighten the crank in order to get it balanced properly all material was removed from counter weights since it was so far out, I really dont think that has anything to do with it having that much run out, im gunna call jeff kauffman and Ohio crankshaft first thing in the morning to see what ohio can do for me this crank has not been ran at all hope they stand behind this issue, just wanted to see if any of ya guys had any input or issues regarding this same crankshaft its the 4.25" stroke 3" main forged unit thanks guys this is really a bummer but glad my builder checks every detail during assembly.......