Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2016, 11:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by v869tr6 View Post
Thanks for the info.
Hoping mine does better, I will now have the insert washers and my last set of Cometic's I did spray with copper and the results were worse then dry so that's what I will be doing this time.
Guess I am leaving a bunch on the table with 21 degrees at 21 psi and low 11's for A/F but I don't rev past about 5500 so I send more time near the torque peak.
I had the T washers and all of them sunk into the head..

One other thing I learned is keeping the head gasket bore as close to the size of the cylinder bore. I tried it with the gasket being bigger so it was layed back from the edge of the bore and it always leaked more then being really close to the bores edge..

When im at 21 psi I always ran 26 degrees.

But that's me and the best way if you ask me is to bring the car to a chassis dyno an turn the timing up until the power gains aren't that much then turn it down until the power starts falling off then just set it in the middle and be safe. What the sacrifice of a few hp to keep your motor alive...

I gained something like 70 hp from 6000 to 6500. So you most likely have a lot left in your motor..