OHC-6 TECH Over Head Cam projects, questions and advice.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Distributor check

Does anyone have a clear picture of the rotor pointing at the number one cylinder position, with the distributor cap off? In looking at mine, it doesn't seem to quite line up with the number one plug wire. To make it line up, I have to turn the distributor until the vacuum advance is way towards the fuel pump. With the indexing, The thing is either pointing at the number 1 or number 6 wire, correct? So when I line up the three timing marks, it points in the direction of the number 1 wire, but not right on.
My engine is a 67 that I put in the '66 Tempest. In looking at a number of pictures online, there are a lot of differences in where the number one plug wire is in relation to the engine. One picture shows it closer to the engine, another I see has the number 1 wire and the number 5 wire 90 degrees square to the engine. Another yet seems to show the number 1 wire a little away from the engine. Very confusing. I can't get it to start now. Please help!