Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2016, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Goat1 View Post
Guess I am confused on the first question about ET's of guys who went Faster... TTB knows all that stuff because he has been throwing it around all over the forums for years but for some reason even though everybody went faster according to him with CV heads then why did they jump ship?

I was 719 HP for $300 in port work and the cost of a set of heads from Summit on a stock block/stock crank 462. My heads have never been worked on by a "Pontiac" guy...pretty good bang for the buck for the low investment...I built the engine to be as easy on parts as I could with a cam that didn't require a lifter brace etc...very low buck deal but as with all low buck deals like that the stock Pontiac 455 block is always the weak point if you have decent rods...

Congrats on the Dyno numbers for the CV - How does the CV engine perform in a car? Weight? Trans? etc...

With all due respect If we couldn't get more then 789 HP out of a set of mild E's on a 535 then even though you are busy we still wouldn't be talking about it...I am pretty sure 800+ is going to be a no brainer and I won't be happy with less than 850 and that is certainly within the capabilities of the "Easy" Button for E-heads...Can probably drop compression some and get that out of the DCI heads...I know 3 guys who switched to HP's that slowed down from their E's but to be fair 1 friend sold his set to another so it was only 2 sets of heads. I drove 1 of the cars and it seemed lazy... I am sure with lots of tuning, a bigger cam, more gear, more stall they would have been comparable but it was just a head switch deal and to go from running 10.30's to 10.80's and being tapped on funds they just sold out and went back to what they had that worked. Don't get me wrong - If you do all the stuff to make them work a KRE HP is a great head but when you get outrun by a set of Summit Racing E-heads with $300 in grinding on them you pretty much just get dejected about the whole deal...

I am not sure what CI I am going to go with but to me a "Bigger Motor" is more than 462 ci...

By the way I never said the E-head was the end all be all head for a Pontiac but for the low amount of money I have in mine I am pretty happy to have been able to outrun some of the "Pontiac Exotics up to and including CV-!'s at our track as you see, there are more than just the few sets guys on these boards are using floating around out there and to say nobody has done anything at all for 3 years with them is ludicrous...to think just because everyone isn't using you or Bill specifically for their builds doesn't mean someone no one is building a CV engine with all the old heads floating around out there...Heck the only Pontiac engine type shop I have ever dealt with is Butler and I only ordered a few parts from them and when I build my engine I will order parts for it but nobody anyone here knows will be the Machine Shop and Engine Builder...
I'm asking you to tell me who switched from CVs and went FASTER AFTER.

You keep talking about this $300 set of heads, I think you should go back to him because he is giving his work away.

Get back to me when you make that easy 850 HP with standard port Eheads, that has to be a record. Now you are sounding like a CV-1 nut hugger!

Btw, how long ago did you run 9.90's, wasn't a few years ago?

How much faster are you today?

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420