Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 Canamman View Post
Chris, I have a hard time believeing that nobody else has mentioned the tacky multi-piece tailpipes for the 1975-81 splitter equipped 2nd gens. The multiple joints are easily seen in the rear wheel opening. It also can allow for improper and inconsistent splitter orientation and angles. Please consider producing a splitter specific tailpipe for this system....
The multi piece tailpipes have been occasionally requested. You have every right to not like the way we made them but I have them on my $60,000 Bandit car. I don't have a problem with them at all.

1. You are looking at it strictly as a 75-81 TA owner and an owner that sees how close these are to being exactly what you want. However, we simply don't get enough requests to spend the considerable amount of resources to make a specific 75-81 splitter tailpipe. Then I guarantee you if we made them and the price was $150 per kit more, then almost everyone would save the $150.

2. Keep in mind, we have a viable 75-81 TA splitter solution. Neither FlowMaster nor Magnaflow offer any solution.