Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2018, 12:40 PM

Default 77 400 Pontiac rebuild

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and want to say hello.

I own a 1977 Grand Prix LJ. I looked for this car for over 20 years. Finally I found the one I was wanting!! It had all the options I was looking for. So happy to have found her. Anyway I am in the process of making it truly mine. I will be taking out the engine soon for a rebuild, and painting the car. I have a plan in mind for the way I want it to perform.

I know for a fact that the Pontiac 400 is a different animal. My frame of reference has always been Chevy engines. I would appreciate any advice for this rebuild. I want to get this right the first time, if you know what I mean. Does anyone know the best headers to fit this engine with D port 72 cc aluminum heads? Also just good solid advice on parts that work and perform well together? I have a Edelbrock performer RPM intake and 800 cfm carb installed now.

Appreciate any info..........

Thanks Gregg