THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2020, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Buying

A thread in the cars for sale area got me thinking, and I didn’t want to booger up that thread.
Is it just me, or does this happen to everyone else? I buy a car, motorcycle, house, ect, and no matter how good or bad of a deal I got at least 5 people I know say something like “I wish I would have known you were looking to buy. I have a friend who has an uncle with one for sale, and it’s WAY cheaper, and better!” Ugh. Yeah thanks, I only told you 10 times I was in the market to buy!
Another point. A few years back I was looking for a used Roadking. I spent a long time looking and knew what I liked and didn’t like. I found one at a nearby dealership that was EXACTLY what I was looking for just taken in on trade. I jumped on it. I knew I was paying about $1000 more than the same bike would have cost if it was a private party deal, but I didn’t care. I wasn’t looking to flip it or make a profit, I wanted to OWN it. Never had a regret about it, but some buddies asked why I paid so much? Of coarse these are the same guys running pieced together junk.
This happen to you guys too?

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.