Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2020, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Resurrecting a '71 Bonneville

The post '70 cars don't seem to get a lot of love here, so I'm going to post details on how I'm bringing back this '71 Bonneville 4 door car.

A little background. This car appeared on a big car Facebook group a few years ago. The guy wanted more money than an engine-less car is worth, but I did negotiate and struck a deal with him as I wanted it for parts. Once I got it home I determined it was too nice to cut up and would make a decent low-buck driver that I could drive around and not feel guilty if someone dinged the doors or if it had to do snow duty.

He ended up delivering it to my house in East Tennessee from very rural Kentucky.

The quarters obviously need some attention but the roof under the vinyl top isn't awful in appearance as it has been replaced in the past and there's no bubbling under it. The interior also did not show signs of retaining water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5323.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	538605   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5449.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	538606