Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2020, 12:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Anyone ever make an adpater to mount stereo in 70-80 Firebird map pocket

I have a 78 Trans Am with the stock single front and rear speaker and the stock am/fm radio. I have been thinking about adding a better stereo. I saw on 78TA.com that many moons ago someone was making a 'Console mounted stereo adapter' - http://www.78ta.com/HTAF/index.php?topic=37692.0 . It appears fbodywarehouse was selling this same stereo adpater. Though from what I can see the adapter is no longer available - either via 78TA or fbodywarehouse.
I have a decent name brand (pioneer?) deck that has been lying around for 4-5 years. It has a USB port. I had this deck mounted in another car and I had all my music in mp3 format on a USB stick and the deck worked fine. I was thinking of mounting this deck in my 78 TA (Id just keep stock am/fm radio also).
Mounting a stereo in the firebird console map pocket looks like a good idea. I can just leave stock radio and mount my aftermarket deck in the map console map pocket. Has anyone ever made an adapter to mount a standard size aftermarket cd player/deck in the firebird console map pocket ? If yes, any tips/advice for making the bracket ?