Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2021, 02:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Anybody use Battery Cables USA??

Looking to get some new battery cables for my 70 GTO restomod. Although the drivetrain is numbers matching, I've installed RARE oversized manifolds, so routing is a little different than stock. M & H says the positive cable should be 42" (4 ga) and the negative at 27" (2 ga)

Instead of M&H's reproductions for RA applications (I hate the spring clips/terminals), I was thiking about just get a Painless wiring kit (1 ga)...https://www.summitracing.com/parts/prf-40113

During my search, I ran across Battery Cable USA that will custom fabricate the exact lengths (in either 2 or 1 gauge) with terminals of my choice (top post and 3/8" eyelet/lug). They look good and are inexpensive (1 ga = $37 for both cables and 2 ga = $33).

https://www.batterycablesusa.com/2-g...able-with-ends

So...anyone have experience with Battery Cables USA??

Per their website:

Made in USA with full AWG sized copper conductor made from 99.9% pure annealed electrolytic copper (ETP, OFC). The insulation and jacket compounds are specially formulated to stay flexible even in cold weather and carry a -49C to 105C temperature rating. The jacket is resistant to chemicals, water, abrasions, oil, sunlight and has a color coded dual extrusion jacket with a white inner insulation which would show any damage to the outer cable more clearly. This cable is rated up to 600 Volts and meet the requirements of SAE J1127 and J378. The copper lugs (ring terminals) as well as the copper top post positive and negative battery terminals feature a tin plating which is resistant to corrosion and it superior to bare copper terminals.

The copper connectors are crimped to the battery cable using the UL approved crimping tool as specified by the manufacturer. We then seal the connection point with adhesive heat shrink tubing in the color to match the cable. The heat shrink has a melt-able glue lining to help seal your cable from air and moisture.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400