Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2022, 03:22 PM

Default Oil pan gasket preferences

Was wanting to get some input on what you guys prefer for oil pan gasket.

Did I see a one piece out there somewhere? - Edit - I found the one-piece but due to time constraints and $ I want to make a traditional multi-piece gasket set that I already have work.

Short of a one piece, what style do you prefer for the part that goes over the rear main cap..ie rear main cap to pan seal.

I have a Moroso Pan with a hole in center and 2 slots either side of the center hole for that location. The oil pan gasket set I bought has 2 rubber styles of which only one will fit but it still seems wrong as the rubber gasket has three rubber protrusions that are designed for a hole, not a slot. But you can still pull the 2 outer protrusions into the slots.

I have a thick cork gasket for the rear main cap to oil pan location from an old oil pan set I'm thinking of using instead of the rubber.

Tell me your preferences and how do you seal it ..ie, what glues or not do you use in the various joints and locations.

If I could get away with it I'd use no glue or as little as possible to make teardowns less messy and less work

Last edited by RBAILEY; 03-30-2022 at 03:34 PM.