Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2022, 04:03 PM

Default boosting a 462, rocker arm question

So I'm converting my NA 462 to a E85 supecharged motor. I talked to butler about porting my heads and he said realistically due to the limitation of the torque storm chargers psi it wouldn't make sense to port my 72cc heads. I'm going to have butler custom cut pistons to drop the compression to around 9.5:1(right now its just under 12:1) and have a custom cam cut to there specs. I have flat tappets in there now and converting them to rollers lifters now. I under stand that supercharged can only push so much through the motor so a higher cfm just equates to lower intake pressure but since I'm redo my valve train does it make sense to upgrade to 1.65 rocker from my 1.5 harland sharp. My new cam is going to be have more lift than I have now and a more suitible lsa. Some of the specs of the motor are Torque Storm super charger, 1200HP FiTech fuel system, Tanks inc tanks with 450 lph fuel pump and 8an fuel lines, Torker II intake, 72cc performer rpm heads, .80" 9.3" push rods, childs and albert forged rods, 6 al programmable ignition and coil, msd billet dist. Hooker super comp headers 2" primary and 3" full exhaust with x pipe. This motor was built by by a pontiac builder 20yrs ago, Greg Merrick was the builder and its been great motor just making it quicker

old cam specs- Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 239/247, Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .507/.530 ;LSA/ICL: 110

new cam specs- Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 244/254 @050 .380/.380 at the lobe or @ .050 (Int/Exh): .570/.570, LSA 113