Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2023, 11:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 71 Lemans turn signal functionality

hey guys, before I go down a rabbit hole, can someone confirm how the front turn signals react?

when my lights are off, side markers flash in time with the turn signals (both with turn or hazards)

when my lights are on, the side markers flash opposite of the turn signals.

got a friend with a 72 that says his do the same thing but I'm really not seeing why this would be the case as I look at the wiring diagrams. my initial feeling was some kind of grounding problem but both sides do it equally and I'm not seeing anything weird with the headlights or running lights. everything is stock with standard bulbs and no wiring modifcations. I've been driving this car for 40 years and never noticed this before and know the 69 side markers do nothing other than come on with the headlights and they're basically wired the same way in the harnesses. I've got a post on this in the electrical forum but figured I might get more response here to at least confirm if this is normal or not. I guess it's not hard to believe two cars could be doing the same thing as these cars are notorious for grounding issues, especially after being 50 years old

Thanks,
Dennis