Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2024, 05:21 PM

Default Custom Oil Pan

Since I've had dismal results with the stock or canton shallow race pan on the track, and I don't want an accusump, I've decided to custom modify a pan as show below. The drawing is of the insert into the deep part of the pan. I'll also put a dam with trap door in front of the #1 bearing to prevent oil going into the timing cover under braking. I'll modify either a stock or the canton. Since I'm using a full length pontiac windage tray, I'm not sure there is enough clearance to allow unimpeded oil drainback using the stock pan, in which case I'll butcher the canton. I can reuse the canton trap door baffles. I've modified a chevy bb oil pickup to use, or I could use a milodon or canton 1" deepened pickup.

The main design criterion is to get oil flowing back to the pickup as fast as possible. As a result, the insert is to fit tightly around the sides, and the oil gets back into the baffled areas only if the pickup is totally submerged

Now I just have to get the engine out of the car.

Comments?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ym008.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	625944