WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 12-30-2004, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by humbler:
May not be slow down there in Naples but it is SLOW here in snow country! I've started having my 5 year old sit in the passenger seat and then take his shoes off and jump in the back. That seems to be faster than the seat! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just have the kids do it while I get in and start it.......... I am sure that the cold temp exacerbates the slowness! It would be really nice to be able to have a manual reversion on the seat. I can't see it being that hard. A lever the disengages the seat from the frame so it can fold forward would be great.

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Old 12-30-2004, 03:32 PM

Regarding the rear-seat room: I am 6'4" and about 240 pounds. I can sit comfortably in all ways except that my head touches the glass of the rear window. This makes me lean forward, which is not comfortable. Getting into and out of the rear seat is also a challenge.

Sadly, there are a lot of other cars that offer better rear-seat access and headroom than this one, although it is probably fine for the vast majority of riders (the six feet and under crowd).
Old 12-30-2004, 11:47 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charlzm:
Regarding the rear-seat room: I am 6'4" and about 240 pounds. I can sit comfortably in all ways except that my head touches the glass of the rear window. This makes me lean forward, which is not comfortable. Getting into and out of the rear seat is also a challenge.

Sadly, there are a lot of other cars that offer better rear-seat access and headroom than this one, although it is probably fine for the vast majority of riders (the six feet and under crowd). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make that "6'2" and under crowd". That's my height but I feel like I couldn't be any taller and enjoy the car as much. It seems to me that you have to be pretty close on the headroom in the FRONT seat. Being tall does have many advantages but some cars are just not easily enjoyed.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:11 AM

Nice cars you have there!

I don' really think the LS1 is a Chevy engine.
GM Powertrain designes all the engines that GM produces.

Sadly there will NEVER be another "Pontiac"
engine--so just get used to it.

I don't care where a car is built either. Canada or Austrailia--it really makes no difference.

I am just sad that we don't get GTOs in Canada.
There is no RWD V8 car in the lineup. Thats a first.

AS for styling, no its not retro its new. One thingk I don't like is the wheel design. They have made a few nice changes for 05 and I think it will sell better.