Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got a set of Comp 995's with my new cam and just wanted to let you guys know the box states an installed height of 1.7 which I think has been agreed on as correct but the seat pressure is marked as 102 lbs. That doesn't seem quite right to me. I always thought they were 115 on the seat.

Old 12-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got a set of Comp 995's with my new cam and just wanted to let you guys know the box states an installed height of 1.7 which I think has been agreed on as correct but the seat pressure is marked as 102 lbs. That doesn't seem quite right to me. I always thought they were 115 on the seat.

Old 12-09-2004, 08:07 PM

102 or 115lbs, what cam are you going to use? better leave out the inner spring to break it inn. or you mite wipe out a lobe. call comp, they will tell you the same thing. good luck

Old 12-10-2004, 04:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Maybe they changed the specs. Again. I have a 1997 catalog, & some of the spring specs on the CC website are different to what is in my old catalog.

Old 12-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

All Springs before install are required to be checked anyway (that's a given) to make sure there is not more then 5/7 lbs difference and to make sure the springs are what they state.
I have had dual springs miss matched.