Old 05-16-2003, 03:03 PM

Hello, in my endevours taking apart and trying to redo my hearse I keep comming across little things that are worn or broken that need replacement. I know little and am on a shoestring budget, but I have a strong belief in doing things right.
I have been redoing the inner workings of my drivers side door the last few days and I have found that there is a rubber stopper thing for the bottom of the inner door (For the glass to hit?) which has rotted out badly and the part that attaches it is cracked off. Also, there are little rubber roller wheels on either side of the glass that are rotted badly. These are tiny little wear parts that I'm sure are just as badly worn in a parts car or junk yard car since 43 years is 43 years on a car. Where would I go to start looking for stuff like this to replace the old rubber. I also need new fuzzy slides for the windows and the fuzzy stuff that goesagainst the glass on the top of the door, bottom of glass just all of that sort of stuff. I don't even know where to begin looking for those sort of parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I put this door panel back together.

Thank you

Apandria

Old 05-16-2003, 03:03 PM

Hello, in my endevours taking apart and trying to redo my hearse I keep comming across little things that are worn or broken that need replacement. I know little and am on a shoestring budget, but I have a strong belief in doing things right.
I have been redoing the inner workings of my drivers side door the last few days and I have found that there is a rubber stopper thing for the bottom of the inner door (For the glass to hit?) which has rotted out badly and the part that attaches it is cracked off. Also, there are little rubber roller wheels on either side of the glass that are rotted badly. These are tiny little wear parts that I'm sure are just as badly worn in a parts car or junk yard car since 43 years is 43 years on a car. Where would I go to start looking for stuff like this to replace the old rubber. I also need new fuzzy slides for the windows and the fuzzy stuff that goesagainst the glass on the top of the door, bottom of glass just all of that sort of stuff. I don't even know where to begin looking for those sort of parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I put this door panel back together.

Thank you

Apandria

Old 05-26-2003, 09:53 PM
Senior Chief

Apandria'
Can you tell me the size of the rubber stops for your windows? Also can you tell me if it is a long wheel base hearse or a short wheel base as it might make a difference. Since it is a Pontiac hearse Superior would have done the hearse conversion and if they streched the rear doors they might have used Superior specific parts for the felts and the stops. Your funeral coach is VERY RARE. I doubt that Superior made more than 25 Pontiac bodied hearses in 1960. If you have hearse type questions you might want to check out professionalcarsociety.org or check out grimrides.com for hearse and ambulance links. Oh yes, not only do I own a 62 Pontiac Catalina, I also own a 1971 Miller Meteor end loading hearse on a Cadillac commercial chassis.
Terry Weber