Old 04-16-2004, 09:19 PM

i'm reistalling my center console after many years, and noticed that as the shifter comes thru the trim plate - there is slot on the left for the lamp housing (PNR DL) and the slot on the right where the shifter comes thru, the one on the right appears to have a plastic sheath that slides with the shifter handle. i can't find this in the restoration guide. any help on how to re-install this console would be appreciated. thanks

Old 04-16-2004, 09:19 PM

i'm reistalling my center console after many years, and noticed that as the shifter comes thru the trim plate - there is slot on the left for the lamp housing (PNR DL) and the slot on the right where the shifter comes thru, the one on the right appears to have a plastic sheath that slides with the shifter handle. i can't find this in the restoration guide. any help on how to re-install this console would be appreciated. thanks

Old 04-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Suspended

The black plastic shifter sheath? I bought a new one at the dealer and replaced mine, but that was about 9 yrs ago. If it's brittle, it will break right at the hole area. So be careful with it. It just rides on a couple of stops under the chrome plated trim plate I think. I think (with the chromed trim plate loose) you shift the lever to lowest gear and slide the front of the sheath in, then shift to park and bend it slightly to put the rear in the slot. Then snap the trim piece down--replace shifter knob, clip and button. If that doesn't make sense by looking at it, I may have forgotten over time. Not hard though. Just try not to break off any of the trim plates metal retainers in the process.

Old 04-17-2004, 04:55 AM

Just bought one from our sponser if you have the catalog page 3-33 if not part #GF1060 Shift slider plastic 69-72 AT $5.50

Tom

Old 04-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Just try not to break off any of the trim plates metal retainers in the process.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does anybody have a repair for this?

462 cid/ 6x-4/ TH400/ 3.36:1/ 28x10.5/ 3880#/ 12.35 @ 109.36/ 1.69 60 ft/ 4 wheel disc brakes/ 15 mpg
Old 04-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Suspended

I rigged mine with a little creative wedging that isn't seen, but can't remember where--been too long. Maybe a braze would work? Anybody else?

Old 04-18-2004, 09:36 AM

I am waiting for my parts for my center console have everything working and cleaned just waiting for my parts to arrive before putting everthing back together. One question I havn't figured out. There are 2 lights one is for the PRD21 lens and the other is for what?
I dont see where it mounts and just kind of sits and light up nothing. Its been disconnected. Any Ideas?

Thanks
Tom

Old 04-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Suspended

One for console and one for PRNDL lens?

Old 04-18-2004, 10:28 AM

I figured it was for the console but I don't see were it mounts. Let me know so I can mount it someplace.

thanks
Tom