Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 11-24-2004, 11:48 AM

I have looked at the pst kit it looks nice and comes with all the parts I need but i have hered bad things about it I want to replace every thing in the front suspension and rear except the control arms every thing else is going to be new can someone tell me what it a good kit or brand I can get and where I can get it I know some stuff will not be in the kit and be extra but if you would let me know what is good and what to look out for
Thanks
Nick gill

Old 11-24-2004, 11:48 AM

I have looked at the pst kit it looks nice and comes with all the parts I need but i have hered bad things about it I want to replace every thing in the front suspension and rear except the control arms every thing else is going to be new can someone tell me what it a good kit or brand I can get and where I can get it I know some stuff will not be in the kit and be extra but if you would let me know what is good and what to look out for
Thanks
Nick gill

Old 11-24-2004, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.performancesuspension.com/

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I got a total system for mij 69 Gto including the metco billet rear arms ecetera from performance suspention . and i bought a stage iv system for my 68 firebird including the overkill sttb brakes . Jerry is a very nice guy to deal with and one of the viuew companys who actualy works with us europeans who dont have credit cards but do bisenis tru money wiering from bank to bank .

Old 11-25-2004, 06:05 PM

The basic front end rebuild kit that PSC offers does not include some other parts that are needed to complete a new rebuild of the front end.

Would you suggest just get the basic front end kit and purchased other item from another vendor (if so, suggestions please) or do the complete "G" machine kit?

I was planning on replacing everything except the control arms (bushing, ball joints, tie rods, center link, idler, pitman, sway, coil, shocks,...)

For reference I am rebuild my 70 GTO.

Old 11-26-2004, 02:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Joe give them a call and ask ..

Old 11-30-2004, 03:28 PM

made the call and spent just about $1500. Picked up the "G" machine stage IV kit, center link, tie rod sleeves,..., and upgrade to the billet aluminum control arms.

Should ride really nice when done.

Old 11-30-2004, 05:08 PM

just orderd my stuff from them too but i only spent 500$ get my springs and other stuff from ames

Old 12-05-2004, 10:22 PM

Just wanted to share this experience with anyone that is interested.

Friday I had a very disappointing conversation with Performacne Suspension Components. The person that I spoke to said that my order I placed on Tuesday did not have the center link, tie rods, and sleeves on it. I told him that I had ordered the parts but he said they were not ordered. So I ordered the parts which came to another $75. I asked them for the 10% discount on the items since I had placed the original order on Tuesday, Nov 30 which was the last day to get the 10% discount. PSC refused to acknowledge that they could have made a mistake on the original order and refused to give me the 10% off on the missed parts and said that he would ship these parts to me free of charge. In my mind that was really bad service from a company that I just purchased almost $1500 of parts from on Tuesday. (Tuesday was just 3 days prior to calling back after getting parts and invoice missing the above mentioned parts)

Old 12-06-2004, 07:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Joe,

Sounds like bad business to me...I ordered a complete front end kit from them last week also.

I hope I don't have any problems like you had. Still waiting for the parts.

Good luck..At least he gave you the shipping for free. Was that at about 10% off.

This company came highly recomended from others on the site which is why I purchased from them. Too bad they where not more customer friendly, it may cost them more in the end.

Anthony

Old 12-06-2004, 07:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had no issues with them. I received round lower control arm bushings, when my car uses oval. My bad, I didn't mention that when I ordered and I knew it. They sent out the correct ones the day I called back and ate the freight. They also didn't wait till they got the round ones back. Sounds like you got a fair deal to me, not paying shipping.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Joe-
I too just received my order from PSC. I got the Stage 4 suspension kit, complete with 10% off and a subtraction because I didn't want the KYB shocks. Had no issues with them at all and Jerry at PSC was extremely helpful.

Sorry to hear about your customer service issue. I agree with 66GTO...it's bad business to nickel&dime customers...especially when you are spending that kind of dough.

Best of luck with your upgrade.

JB

1966 GTO Coupe(#1845), AT, PS, PB, Nightwatch Blue

389 built by Gaydosh Performance - .040 over, 670 heads, 4bbl 750 Holley Double Pumper, Edelbrock Performer intake, Howards CAM and lifters, Scorpion roller rockers, TRW rods and pistons, Doug's headers, new TH350 with shift kit & 2000 stall, 8.2" rear with Auburn carrier & 3.55 posi Richmond gears

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2240898/1966-pontiac-gto/
Old 12-06-2004, 08:37 AM

The deal on merchansise purchased before Dec 1 was 10% off and free shiping. Since I placed the original order on Nov 30 and I am sure I order all parts I truely believe that they should have free shipped and given the 10% off. By the way, I live in PHOENIX about 30 minutes from PSC so the shipping costs couldn't be very expensive. I simply think that was not very good customer service!

Old 12-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have used PST and PSC without problems from either one.

Old 12-07-2004, 03:08 PM

i got my stuff today all looks good will find out for shere when it all goes on the car