Old 12-22-2004, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

yea...I have an ALL ORIGINAL Judge, numbers matching (rear end only), BUT motor and trans to be replaced with original urr-umm...Pontiac parts.

I will take any serious offer over $12K Please keep in mind, though...this is all original!!!

PLEASE...NO TIRE KICKERS...SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Judge_II.JPG
Views:	581
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	23573  

Old 12-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow.....wisconsin road salt sure can do a number on 60's sheet metal! I would love to have the POR15 concession for this rusto, I mean
restoration! I would like to see Tom Demauro of
High Performance Pontiac magazine turn this car over to Melvin Benzaquine for an article on
advanced rust repair! If the guy bidding on the
other car doesn't get the high bid you can probably sell your car to him for 16K! This would be the perfect father and son project. Of
course it would have to be a father and son project because the wife would be long gone if
you drag this car home!

Old 12-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

LOL gtohurstjudge!!!!! Actually was PA weather that did this one in. I would love to see some company come along and show us all what great "rustoration" products they have. My car could be the poster child and I would plug them for the rest of my life!

It would be an ideal father, son (and holy ghost) project. I sure hope I get some serious interest (hehehe!)

Good thing it was dark when I rolled into the driveway with it. Wife didn't see it and it has been covered since!

....16K....I would have to think about that....this IS an all original car

Old 12-24-2004, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What do you tell your wife is under that cover?
My first wife left me while I was restoring my
rust free mint GTO! If I had brought this one home the cover of darkness would have done me no good! She would have gone out there with her
flashlight, taken one look, and would have packed her bags and been on her way out of town by daybreak! As the infamous Dennis Kirban used
to say in his GTO Newsletter.....The following cars or parts should only be bought if your marriage is on solid ground!

Old 12-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Suspended

Last night I almost put my 70 on ebay just to see how high it would get under the parts car section, then end the auction early before it sold. My luck, I'd have a computer failure and not be able to stop it and have a neg feedback because of it.

Old 12-25-2004, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

She did look at it ONCE...shook her head in disbelief, and then made sure I knew that it was not to be a lawn ornament or "art" as I like to call it!

I actually have a pretty good gal. She lets me have my hobby, as long as I consider her requests. That car will be rebuild with all but a rebody, I am doing my best to follow all of the "restoration experts acceptable guidelines".

My wife has also seen me take a real turd and turn it into something, so I think that is the skin of my teeth that allows for this project to even be on the property!

My passion, her compromise

Old 12-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

hell i looked at it and shook my head in disbelief too and then i looked at his 4 speed car he was selling and turned it down
now the 4 speed car is in my driveway lol after some horse trading,btw tony you got fewer horses in that trade aka 289 vs 400 and anyone that looked at these cars would say how much for those parts,but tony and i are visionaries or just plain nucking futs but they will both return to the road someday soon
i remember a saying "that on a quiet night you can hear a chevy rust" evidently the ponchos were much quieter lol

1 69 gto 4 speed
1 69 gto judge
1 75 ta
1 79 formula
1 80 formula
1 81 ta
1 89 formula
1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com
Old 12-26-2004, 08:42 PM

I happen to know the gentleman who was selling the 1969 Judge on Ebay. It’s perfectly normal to question why someone would pay that much money for a car that needs a total restoration.

But, please don’t question the honesty of the seller. He just retired a Lt. Col in the Marine Corps after 29 years of service and he is one of the most honest guys I have ever known. He has been an avid collector of GTO’s for many many years and is probably more knowledgeable than most of the folks that post on this bulletin board when it come to GTO Judges. He is also a personal friend of the owner of Ames and Jim Wangers!

It sure is a small world.

Old 12-27-2004, 06:37 AM
Suspended

That said and all taken into account, it sure looks like some shill bidding to take the car up to 15K. What do you bet the car would hit reserve at 14,999 or 15,000?

Old 12-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

gr8tescape - I don't think anyone was questioning his honesty. The car was well listed and documented. We were more-so questioning sellers, paying that kind of money for a project that is as rough as this one is.

Old 12-28-2004, 12:10 PM

Doug,

I can assure you that the owner of the 69 Judge does not engage in shill bidding. The car never hit the reserve price. I have been amazed at what people are willing to pay for these cars. It seems the price just keeps going up.

Md1twal3,

I fully understand what you are saying. I too am amazed at the prices on cars that are in need of so much work. Lots of people have lots of money to play with. The cars keep going up in value and I think we will continue to see project cars going for big bucks.

Old 12-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Suspended

Cool. If you're sure, I believe you. That is a lot of money.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Poor Goat!
That is Sad!

Old 01-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff - Are you referring to my rust bucket? It is sad that someone would let that happen, but also wonderful that I will be reserecting that beast! I have all rust free oem sheet metal for it (aka a donor body) and am only in need of a core support to have all solid rust free sheet metal. Just purchased a spoiler and am awaiting that

I am collecting mechanical parts now, but am having a tough time getting a correct date code and cast number for a block. I wish I had the $5k to spend on e-bay last week when a complete RA III engine and 4 spd trans were offered. Then...I would be ready to start!

Old 01-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Can someone explain to me what happened with this auction?
The link in the first post of this thread shows that the reserve was not met but when I looked at the seller's feedback, one of them refers to this same car (reslisted) and it sold for $14.99K.
There's also a note from the seller at the bottom of the page saying that the high bidder from the first auction had bid high enough to expose the reserve and then withdrew his bid.
So what's up with that?

Old 01-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Suspended

This one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4518271464

Old 01-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, that's it. So he obviously lowered the reserve in the second one to what the high bid went to in the first one right?
He stated that the reserve in the first one was in the low 20s.

Old 01-26-2005, 06:22 PM

2 years ago I bought a 69 Judge with black vinyl top from a guy who bought it the year before that on ebay. He got engaged, already had a cherry 70 GTO vert and wanted cash for a house. BTW, great guy to deal with.

The car had not run in about 10 years and after I changed fluids and rebuilt the carb, fired it up like it was new. Original trans, engine, carb, etc. Engine and trans have not been out of the car.

The interior is complete though the headliner was out when I bought it. The only thing missing is a couple of the upper ram air pan bolts that probably just loosened up and fell out.

Way more solid and complete than the above mentioned Judge and I 'only' paid 14k for it. That rear window on the ebay judge could function as a hatch. That thing has some serious rust issues.