Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 02-06-2002, 12:57 AM

I need to install a master disconnect switch for my battery cable. Could someone break out the NHRA rule book and tell me what the restrictions are (if any) for mounting locations (amywhere on the rear panel or valance? above or below the bumper? etc...). Also, I assume I tap the switch into the positive cable, not the negative. Correct?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks...

Old 02-06-2002, 12:57 AM

I need to install a master disconnect switch for my battery cable. Could someone break out the NHRA rule book and tell me what the restrictions are (if any) for mounting locations (amywhere on the rear panel or valance? above or below the bumper? etc...). Also, I assume I tap the switch into the positive cable, not the negative. Correct?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks...

Old 02-06-2002, 01:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

8:4 MASTER CUTOFF
Mandatory when battery is relocated, or as outlined in Class Requirements. An electrical power cutoff switch (one only) must be installed on the rearmost part of each vehicle and be easily accessible from outside the car body. This cutoff switch must be connected to the positive side of the electrical system and stop all electrical functions including magneto ignition. The off position must be clearly indicated with the word "OFF." If switch is "push/pull" type, "push" must be the action for shutting off the electrical system, "pull" to turn it on. Any rods or cables used to activate the switch must be minimum 1/8-inch diameter. Plastic or keyed switches prohibited. Switches and/or controls must be located behind rear wheels on rear engine dragsters.
Thats everything that was written about it in General Regulations

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: WDCreech ]</p>

64 GTO, tube chassis w/606" IA tall deck, PG & a pro geared Fab 9". 2750 lbs.
8.2550@164.17-1/4, 5.2901@131.97-1/8, 1.1981-60-ft. 8/10/08