Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PONTIAC DUDE:
So $1,000 for Norwalk isn't a problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll put $2500 on the Black trans-Am to win.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rashionality:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PONTIAC DUDE:
So $1,000 for Norwalk isn't a problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll put $2500 on the Black trans-Am to win. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>hey Paul there both black, so are you giving us a 1,000.00 each?

Mat it! Spray it! Chute it! Just another 8 Second Pass!
Old 01-20-2005, 01:36 AM
Senior Chief

2002: I showed at Norwalk to race Paul Rash on a re-match after N.c. in April that same year. Actually it was because he couldn't make the 2nd re-match at Maple Grove. This was his 3rd shot. It was supposed to be a Re-match. He couldn't make the call. He had spent well over $6,000 with upgrades after our race in N.c. So I decided to just go race and see if I could make the show in the Q-16 on D.O.T. radials and full exhaust. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All chassis, steering, brakes and cage work, cage wouldn't pass 9.90 tech it failed, why spent good money after bad so I had the whole cage cut out and a new one installed, best thing I ever did. No motor/trans/rear or nitrous upgrades...all chassis work. Just wanted to clear that fact up. Whoever build that piece of sh$t I bought from Scott was some backwards hillbilly who liked galvanized sheet metal and standard pipe, not DOM stuff. That car was a Piece of Sh$it from the day I bought it, not anymore. They still let BBC's run in Pontiac cars at Norwalk right? I definately won't make the drive this year, sold a lot of stuff (including trailer/motor/trans/convertor/fogger.spare motor, etc.) to get my business up and running and now after preparing to drop 14K on a software program, 8K to finish the chopper and dropping 10K into my wife's Vette, 3K into the stere/DVD/video game player Headrests for the kids, subwoofer under back seat and polk component system in the Silverado with some other "modifications" and another 4K into the stereo foy my 79...I'm tapped untill the next quarter, depends on my tax refund and whether my 2 jobs pay my invoices in 30 or 60 days. Motor for the TA 80% done. 9.5 to 1 pistons, pump gas, single carb. Merlin II block, nothing fancy, just reliable and stout with parts readily and affordable. I had it with Pontiacs, the only Pontiac Motor I would run now would be a stock 400 in a nice 69 for street use, but I have enough cars and bikes to last 20 years.

By the way as far as the video goes at NC Ken...I HAVE IT YOU WERE NOT ON THE BRAKES I HAVE VIDEO PROOF MY MAN, NO BRAKE LIGHTS SHOWING AND THE SOUND OF THE MOTOR LETTING UP WAS ME, NOTICE THE SMOKE OUT MY RIGHT TAILPIPE, BLEW A HEADGASKET THAT DAY. THE TIMESLIP PROVES I HAD YOU BEAT THE WHOLE WAY DOWN THE TRACK, SCREW THE .001 HEAD START. THAT'S ANCIENT HISTORY NOW THOUGH, I HAD MORE FUN CAMPING, RIDING THE "DUDE'S CART" AND COOKING. THAT WAS A GREAT WEEKEND THOUGH WISH THEY HAD THAT THE NEXT YEAR, I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

BRIAN, WHERE IS THIS VMP RACE IN MAY? AS LONG AS THERE IS NO TROUBLE BROUGHT TO ME I'DE BE HAPPY TO WATH THE RACES, I'M NOT THE SAME GUY I WAS A YEAR AND A HALF AGO, CALMED DOWN A LOT AND LET THE WATER FLOW UNDER THE BRIDGE, THE PERSON I'M TALKING ABOUT KNOWS WHAT I MEAN. THERE'S A LOT OF THINGS I MISS ABOUT GOING TO THESE EVENTS, THEN AGAIN IF WHAT HAPPENS AT ONE IS WHAT I THINK, I DON'T NEED A 3 TO 5 STRETCH IN THE PEN FOR A&B...

RAY COX, LEARN SOME MATH DUDE, IF I BET 2500 ON THE BLACK TRANS-AM TO WIN AND YOU SAY THEY ARE BOTH BLACK SO I GIVE EACH OF THE 2 DRIVERS 1000? WHERE'S THE REST GO...F'IN ASIANS

Old 01-20-2005, 02:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Bud Lyons

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ...F'IN ASIANS <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thats the Rashy I remember.

VMP is south of Richmond Va.

Only two defining forces have ever offered their life for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
One for your soul; the other for your freedom
Old 01-20-2005, 03:59 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bud Lyons:
[QUOTE] ...F'IN ASIANS <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Go ahead and try it. It'll only kill ya once! QUOTE]

Funny...Technically I died 3 times, 92 seconds was the longest.

Old 01-20-2005, 04:30 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bud Lyons:
Go ahead and try it. It'll only kill ya once! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny...Technically I died 3 times, 92 seconds was the longest.

Old 01-20-2005, 05:30 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LiL Jack:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Broke at Maple Grove too...that's why I junk that POS Pontismack engine and got one that can hold up, for 1/3 the price too.
Do you want to run another pontiac with a bigger POS chevrolet [/QUOTE]

I have a real streetable motor with pump gas that will make more power than my old Pontismack, for half the price. It's the smart thing to do in my eyes. Simple matter of reason, Jack, put it this way…how much did your block cost, after you had to machine it and get it actually ready to run? Mine cost $1949.99 and needed no work done to it. It will last longer, make more power and be a hell of a lot cheaper in the long run. How much did your forged crank cost, oh wait you can’t get a forged crank yet can you? Mine was $1657. Do I need to go on? The cost of your shortblock would build my entire motor and handle more nitrous too. I will have less than 12k into my motor including all the brackets, pumps, pulleys, headers and so on. I bet you got more than that in your shortblock.

You have a very nice motor along with quite a few others out there, but no matter how hard you try you could never compete head to head with a Ford, Chevy or a Hemi motor that has the same amount of money in it. When I start seeing “true” Pontiac motors winning PS, FMFC, TAD, TAFC or Pro-Mod Races on daily basis for the same money I’ll be back but until then I’m sticking with what I have.

Now I just contacted two people about buying another Pontiac motor for a car I’m thinking about picking up, but that will most likely get a Chevy too. I can get 435 horse out of the box drop in and run SBC with aluminum heads and a forged crank for less than you paid for you heads. I can get a bulletproof 800+ HP BBC complete with Carb, distributor, balancer, flexplate and ready to drop in and race for less than 12K, you’re not getting that with a Pontiac.

Hey, I’m not trying to put the Pontiac guys down, I have respect for those who respect me and nearly every one I met treated me with respect. I went Chevy…. As James Hetfield said so eloquently…”SO PHUKCING WHAT” Know the song?

I’ve been here, I been there, I’ve been every phukcing where…so what!

Hope to see you at a track soon I never saw that Goat really run, after the racing we can throw back a few beers and shoot the **** for a while….later man and take care

Old 01-20-2005, 07:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

it said 1,000 when I posted, or maybe I read numbers like Lil jack dose colors so Your betting on the Dude? almost sounds like you dont remember me or my car for norwalk, we were pitted across from one another and I was in line witth you the night before

Mat it! Spray it! Chute it! Just another 8 Second Pass!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's the weekend of May 14-15, Paul. I rented a suite last year, and will be doing the same this year. Sitting behind the starting line in an air-conditioned room with a 'fridge, wet bar, and closed circuit TV with an intercom sure beats sweating it out in the stands. It was unseasonably warm there last year on Friday and Saturday. Click on the banner on PY for the Pontiacs in the Park event for more info.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Rash, Things are changing in the Pontiac camp for the better. I also have friends who run high HP Chevy style motors(800hp and up) and they also break stuff, burn pistons, blow head gaskets and so on. None of their stuff is cheap either. Nature of the beast! If ya want to play, ya have to pay. If I'm gonna pay, it's gonna be for a PONTIAC not for another, yawn, BBC . JMHO.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Senior Chief

They don't run bbc's in prostock or promods anymore. Just the aftermarket stretch motors.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Really can't deny Paul's points.

esspecially his version of "doggie style".

SECOND AMENDMENT: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY!
Old 01-21-2005, 06:31 AM
Suspended

This is great stuff - most entertaining reading I've seen in some time. I only wish that whenever you guys have this shoot-out it was close enough for me to go see it. To make it more like a street race the first pass anyone makes should be against each other so as to maintain an element of surprise - just like on the street. Keep up the great dialogue, I love it.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

10secbird , hitch a ride with OMT or Ron!

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." Socrates
Old 01-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Paul come on down to VMP, nobodys gonna start ***** with ya, I've got your back.

Yea a have a few dollars in that old pontiac, and yea it might have been cheaper to build a chebby. But its only money and they print more ever day.

And as for those two internet racers with those two black fireterds, your both are gonna get

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 01-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LiL Jack:
Hey Paul come on down to VMP, nobodys gonna start ***** with ya, I've got your back.

Yea a have a few dollars in that old pontiac, and yea it might have been cheaper to build a chebby. But its only money and they print more ever day.

And as for those two internet racers with those two black fireterds, your both are gonna get <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't putting anybody down, it's just a better deal for me with starting my own business to purchase something that's going to give me the same bang for less buck. I'm going to try to make the event, I'll just be watching though and as they say at the Coors Distributor "Thanks for your support". I've had enough fights in my life, time to start using my hands for more work. Nice hearing from you

Old 01-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mo:
Rash, Things are changing in the Pontiac camp for the better. I also have friends who run high HP Chevy style motors(800hp and up) and they also break stuff, burn pistons, blow head gaskets and so on. None of their stuff is cheap either. Nature of the beast! If ya want to play, ya have to pay. If I'm gonna pay, it's gonna be for a PONTIAC not for another, yawn, BBC . JMHO. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand completely, but this is my first BBC I always had Pontiacs, and as they say in Monty Python..."And now for something completely different".

Old 01-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rash, when you get back on your feet, we will see ya back in a Pontiac right? I understand that gotta feed the racing thing. But I always come back home to Pontiacs.

Old 01-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bmpmdf:
Rash, when you get back on your feet, we will see ya back in a Pontiac right? I understand that gotta feed the racing thing. But I always come back home to Pontiacs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only if they start making forged cranks with a fair pricetag and great blocks in the 2.5K range that you don't have to machine or clean up (just assemble your shortblock when the block arrives) and heads that flow 400 CFM out of the box...less than 5K too

Old 01-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Another day on as the wheel turns.