Old 09-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Question Turn Signal\Parking Lights

Ok, here's what I've got:
1. With headlight switch pulled out halfway, I have all dash lights, parking lights, taillights, turn signal indicator on dash, and turn signals in front and rear. Everything is good.
2. With the headlight switch pulled all the way out, my turn signal dash indicator and turn signals in front do not work. I have everything else including headlights and hi-beams and turn signals in the rear.
3. With the headlight switch all the way in, my turn signal dash indicator and turn signals in front do not work. I have turn signals in the rear.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jeff

1966 GTO Coupe(#1845), AT, PS, PB, Nightwatch Blue

389 built by Gaydosh Performance - .040 over, 670 heads, 4bbl 750 Holley Double Pumper, Edelbrock Performer intake, Howards CAM and lifters, Scorpion roller rockers, TRW rods and pistons, Doug's headers, new TH350 with shift kit & 2000 stall, 8.2" rear with Auburn carrier & 3.55 posi Richmond gears

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2240898/1966-pontiac-gto/
Old 09-07-2005, 08:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Anyone have any ideas? Basically, my rear lights and turn signals work fine all the time. However, my parking lights and front turn signals ONLY work when I pull the headlight switch out halfway. They don't work when the headlight switch is off or pulled all the way out.

Bad headlight switch?

389 built by Gaydosh Performance - .040 over, 670 heads, 4bbl 750 Holley Double Pumper, Edelbrock Performer intake, Howards CAM and lifters, Scorpion roller rockers, TRW rods and pistons, Doug's headers, new TH350 with shift kit & 2000 stall, 8.2" rear with Auburn carrier & 3.55 posi Richmond gears

Old 09-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to 3 Deuce 64

the front parking lights ground through the housings to the bumper make sure they have a good ground . my car sat from 92 to 04 and when we got it out last year had a simular problem chased it for a couple days harness switch bulbs everything checked ok had the lights on and one of the signals and was backing out the mounting screws that hold in the assembly and the signal flashed tightened it back up and it would stop . cleaned the area around the mounting screws and it worked . I hope it is that simple for you .

Last edited by 3Duce 64; 09-07-2005 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

3Duce64-
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the shotty job my car's former owner did on the electrical system is coming back (AGAIN) to haunt me. I examined the parklamp housing, socket and bulb. The parklamp socket only has TWO wires coming from it...there is no ground for the parklamps.

The question becomes, before I order a new front lamp wiring harness from M&H, can I install a grounding wiring into existing bulb socket(some cheap POS) and ground it where the headlights are grounded?

Thanks.
Jeff

Last edited by winbub; 09-07-2005 at 11:05 AM.